welcome to the
Town of Edgewood
(6) "Mass gathering" means any public or private gathering that brings together one hundred (100) or more individuals in a single room or connected space in close proximity to one another, such as an auditorium, stadium, arena, large conference room, meeting hall, theaters, or any other confined indoor or outdoor space, but does not include normal operations at airports, on other forms of transit, shopping malls, or other spaces where 100 or more individuals may be in transit. "Mass gathering" does not include family gatherings such as weddings or funerals, shelters, retail stores or grocery stores, typical office environments, businesses, courthouses, restaurants and bars, correctional and detention facilities, schools and educational institutions, hospitals, clinics, nursing homes, and other health care and congregate care facilities, and places of worship operating during "normal business hours".
Preventative precautions listed in her Public Health order include the following:
I FURTHER ADVISE the public to take the following preventive precautions:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Take everyday preventive actions .
- Clean your hands often.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing , or having been in a public place.
- If soap and water are not available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. To the extent possible, avoid touching high-touch surfaces in public places - elevator buttons, door handles, handrails, hand shaking with people, etc. Use a tissu e or your sleeve to cover your hand or finger if you must touch something.
- Wash your hands after touching surfaces in public places. Avoid touching your face, nose, eyes, etc.
- Clean and disinfect your home to remove germs: practice routine cleaning of frequently touched surfaces (for example: tables, doorknobs, light switches, handles, desks, toilets, faucets, sinks & cell phones).
- Avoid crowds , especially in poorly ventilated spaces. Your risk of exposure to respiratory viruses like COVID-19 may increase in crowded, closed-in settings with little air circulation if there are people in the crowd who are sick.
- Avoid all non-essential travel including plane trips and cruise ships.
Click HERE to view the Public Health Order