Town of Edgewood
What do I need to do to get a library card?
Provide proof of residency in the East Mountain/ Estancia Valley Area with just one of the following:
- Valid NM issued driver's license or NM ID, utility bill, phone bill, voter's ID, rental agreement, vehicle registration, vehicle insurance, bank statement, checkbook, concealed carry permit
What are your hours of operation?
NOTE: As of March 13, 2020 the library closed its doors to the public until further notice. We will be offering curbside services beginning June 2, 2020.
Normal hours of operation are on the following days pending holiday and inclement weather closures:
Tuesday - Friday: 10am-6pm
Sunday - Monday: Closed
How do I borrow electronic books and audiobooks?
Borrow ebooks, audiobooks, and magazines to read on your phone or tablet using the Libby app by OverDrive. You can even send and read your borrowed ebooks to your Kindle ereader (U.S. only)! It’s free and easy to get started for new users and a streamlined experience for current OverDrive app users. Learn more.
If you are reading on an older device or a Fire tablet, want to view our selection of streaming videos, or require the use of a screen reader, you can enjoy our digital collection using the classic OverDrive app. If using a computer, you may also choose to discover titles using our library catalog or our digital collection website, New Mexico Library To Go.
Just use your 10-digit library card number and your 10-digit phone number (no spaces or special characters) or the password you've chosen for your member account when signing in.
Getting Started & FAQs
How do I access and manage my online library member account?
Please refer to the link below or contact the library directly for help with your library member account.
- (505) 281-0138
How do I search the online library catalog?
Please select the link below for tips on using the online library catalog:
How do I reserve library materials from my online library member account?
Please select the link to watch a quick video tutorial on how to reserve items from the online library catalog after logging in to your member account:
Can my child get a library card?
Children must be 5-17 years old and have parental/guardian permission to receive a library card.
I lost my library card, what do I need to do to replace it?
Adult patrons may receive a replacement card when they provide photo-proof of identification (e.i. driver's license, passport, work ID, school ID).
Underage patrons (5-17 yrs.) who do not possess a photo-proof of identification, may receive a replacement card only when a parent/guardian accompanies them.
ALL patrons must pay a fee of $1.00 for a replacement card.
Can I do community service at the library?
We are always happy to accept extra help from community service volunteers. In order to maintain library safety and security, the library will only consider potential community service workers who:
- Have been recommended by the Town of Edgewood Municipal Court
- Need to satisfy required community service hours for their educational institution
Community service workers are responsible for maintaining any records of his/her hours served with the library. Acceptance and dismissal will be at the Librarian's discretion.
Do you accept donations?
The Edgewood Community Library Friends are happy to accept donations on behalf of the library that are in good condition. Donated items that are free of mildew, mold, dust, and dirt without any excessive spine damage, missing pages, missing covers or water damage are much appreciated!
Items we love:
- Children's books
- Antiquarian, rare and collectible books
- Hardcover fiction and nonfiction
- Mass market paperbacks
- Trade paperbacks
- Books on CD*
- DVDs, blu-ray discs*
- Video games*
Items to recycle or donate elsewhere:
- Any items not in good condition as described above
- Activity books, workbooks
- Audio cassette tapes, VHS tapes, LP records, computer software
- Books published by magazines (Reader's Digest, Time-Life)
- Britannica, World Book encyclopedias
- College textbooks, school textbooks
- Case law, procedural books
- Custom course packets
- Directories, phone books
- Free/examination/advanced reading copies
- Periodicals (journals, magazines, newspapers)
- Microfilm, microfiche
- Tax forms, government documents, government forms
Can I have a receipt for my donation?
Donation receipts are available, upon request, at the circulation desk.
*Library staff are not authorized to establish the monetary value of any donation.
Can I check out items if I have overdue materials?
Patrons and their immediate family members may check out more items ONLY when the overdue materials are returned, located, or paid for.
How does having overdue items affect my library privileges?
Until all overdue items are returned, located, or paid for, patrons and their immediate family members are restricted from:
- Renewing materials
- Reserving materials
- Checking out materials
- Inter-library loan requests
Can I check out materials without my library card?
Library cards are required for all transactions, whether in-person, by phone, or online. Your name and/or photo proof of identification will not be accepted in lieu of a library card.
Parents may utilize their underage child's library card for library transactions on their child's behalf.
Due to confidentiality of library records, an adult may not use another adult's library card for library transactions unless given express permission by the library card holder.
How many materials can I check out per card?
Newly registered patrons may check out 3 materials on their first check out.
Current patrons may check out 8 materials.
How long can I check out materials for?
3 weeks for:
Books, Audiobooks, DVDs, Learning Backpacks
2 weeks for:
Bestsellers, Recent Acquisitions
1 week for:
Can I reserve materials?
Patrons who have a valid Edgewood Community Library card and are in good standing, may reserve materials either in-library, by phone, or from the Online Catalog after logging in to their library account.
*Please make sure we have your current contact information so that we may contact you when your reserved materials become available.
When can I pick up my reserved materials?
After receiving notification that your reserved materials are available, you may pick them up at the circulation desk during regular hours of operation.
How long will you hold my reserved materials for pick up?
Reserved materials will be held at the circulation desk for pick up for 5 business days from the day you were notified.
*Any reserves not picked up will be placed back into circulation.
Can I have food and/or drinks in the library?
Patrons are welcome to consume beverages and snacks away from the carpeted areas and Computer Room in the library.
Can I use my cell phone in the library?
We ask that patrons please silence all devices and refrain from making or receiving phone calls while in the Computer Room. Anywhere else in the library is perfectly fine!
Can I renew my checked out materials?
Patrons may renew materials once by phone, by email, in-library, or by logging in to their account via the Online Catalog only if those materials are NOT:
- On reserve by another patron
What does my online library account allow me to do?
Your web-based online library account (via the Online Catalog) is accessible from any device that can connect to the web and allows you to:
- Establish a unique password
- View items checked out to you and their status
- Renew items
- Reserve items
- View fines due
- Bookmark items
- Designate a vacation delay so you won't miss your reserved titles
- View your check out history
- View and update notification options
How do inter-library loans (ILL) work?
Patrons in good standing with a valid Edgewood Community Library card can fill out an ILL Request Form at the circulation desk and pay, in advance, $1.00 per requested title to help defray postage costs.
The Librarian will then request the title/s from the New Mexico State Library to be sent, by mail, to the Edgewood Community Library for pick up by the requesting patron.
Once the material/s has arrived, the patron will then be notified by the Librarian.
- Please allow 2-3 weeks for processing.
- ALL inter-library loans must be returned to the Edgewood Community Library.
- If the requested title/s cannot be located, patrons will be refunded, in full
Can I print from the patron computers?
Patrons may print from any of the patron computers. Print-outs are $.15 per page.
Can my child use the library unaccompanied by a parent/guardian?
Young patrons are always welcome in the library and we care deeply about their safety and welfare, especially since the library operates as a public space for the community. However, the responsibility for a child's wellbeing and behavior, while on library grounds, ultimately rests with the parent or responsible caregiver and not with library staff. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Children under the age of 10 must always be accompanied by a parent or responsible caregiver.
- Children age 10 or older may use the library on their own, provided they are able to use the library independently and without close supervision.
- Unaccompanied children must have suitable contact information should an emergency or unexpected library closure occur.
- Parents or caregivers must make clear to their child their own rules and expectations regarding use of library materials, public access devices, and WiFi connection.
- Library staff do not limit access for any library patron.
- We recommend that underage patrons use the public access devices in the Children's/Youth Areas as they offer a filtered Internet connection.
- The library's WiFi is currently unfiltered.
Do I have to have a library card to use the patron computers or wifi?
A library card is not required to utilize the patron computers and/or Wifi, however, patrons MUST read and sign an Internet Use Policy Agreement at the circulation desk.
Can I make copies?
Patrons may make black and white copies for $.15 per page on a self-service copier in the computer room.
Do you have a public fax machine?
The library does NOT have a public fax machine but we know who does:
Mail & Copy Business Center Inc.
2 Marietta Ct. Edgewood, NM 87015